My colleague Kim Eaves, mistress of all things web at Novell provided me with some statistics about uptake of SUSE Linux Enterprise 10. Some of these she stated in the Novell Customer Center interview on Novell Open Audio.
Statistical highlights* from the first 16 days of the launch:
- Downloads of either SUSE Linux Enterprise Server and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop: 221,000.
- SUSE Linux Enterprise page views: 716,000
- Novell Customer Center site’s page views: 381,000
- Novell Customer Center site’s unique visitors: 50,000
- Novell Customer Center registrations: 21,000
- Averaged increase in daily software downloads since launch: 3500 percent
A SUSE Linux Enterprise product has been downloaded every 6 seconds since the launch on July 17.
*These numbers are deliberately stated as inexact, rounded numbers on this blog. If you are from the press, and you would like a firmly quotable source, please contact Novell’s press relations department.